If you like East Side Mario’s version, you’ll probably like this:
Perfect recipe for any chicken or turkey leftovers …
as it makes a brand new meal!
Easy Easy Chicken Tetrizini
For 2 people:
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ t onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 regular mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- ⅛ – ¼ cup parmesan cheese and / or ½ cup marble cheese
- pepper (approx ⅛ teaspoon)
- 1 cup seasoned cooked chicken (or turkey) warmed up, and cut in small chunks (can use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken as well, instructions below)
For 4-5 people
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- 2 cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ t onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 regular mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese and / or 1 cup marble cheese
- pepper (approx ¼ teaspoon)
- 2 cups seasoned cooked chicken (or turkey) warmed up, and cut in small chunks
- Cook noodles to specification on package (fresh pasta is quicker – only boils about 2 min). Really, the only way to test if the noodles are done is to taste a little piece of one. The other methods I have found for testing, have been inconsistent. Drain. Put back in pot it was cooked in, set aside away from heat, put the lid on)
- While you’re initially waiting for the spaghetti…
- Put butter in sauce pan on medium heat, add garlic, let sauté till it starts to smell real nice, about 5 min, add flour, to make paste in pan, then, quickly add milk & stir. Add salt (it makes it thicken), onion powder, mushrooms, couple drops worchestershire sauce (not too much, you want to keep the sauce a light colour) Moderately stir, keep the heat where it is, till it starts to thicken.
- Add sauce to noodles, add chicken & cheeses. Sprinkle with a little pepper, Stir.
- Sprinkle with parsley (so we don’t wilt our neighbours)
Serve with fresh steamed broccoli fleurettes, caesar salad and garlic bread… Dinner is served!
Quick Substitutions & Additional Notes
- If you don’t have any cooked chicken (white or dark) on hand (or in the freezer) you can use fresh chicken breast, cut in 1” or so cubes, and put in a fry pan with about 1” water, and some seasoning salt. Put the lid on, and it should be done at about the same time the pasta is (8 min or so, till it’s not pink anymore) drain. About 1 big breast for 2 people, and 2 big breasts (won’t our husband like this!) for 4-5 people.
- In a pinch, you can substitute fresh garlic for dried minced garlic. (1 teaspoon dried minced for the 2 person recipe, and 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic for 4-5 person recipe)
- If you don’t have marble cheese, or mushrooms, just go without that time, after all, the family must eat something tonight for dinner!
- If you hate slicing (like me) you can use a hard boiled egg slicer for slicing mushrooms (or strawberries! On another recipe or for garnish)
- If you like the restaurant look, don’t add the parmesan cheese, save it for the top, put a single serving in an oven safe dish, and put it under the broiler just till it goes golden brown…you MUST keep an eye on it though!
- Fresh pasta is quicker, and can be frozen – only takes about 2 minutes from fresh to boil and about 6 minutes from frozen. Taste is light years different than dried noodles.
alternate spelling: chicken tetrazzini recipe