As a family favourite, we know when we say salad, this is what we mean.
The ingredients speak for themselves. A bit sweet, a bit salty. This is hubby’s fav salad. Everyone else so far has really enjoyed it as well. Even the nieces and nephews.
Just as nice with or without the chicken, as the nuts provide enough protein to help us feel full.
If you were looking to make this yourself, don’t live in Canada, or it’s past 11pm and Swiss Chalet is closed here’s a similar recipe:
West Coast Style Salad Recipe with Chicken
- Kraft Creamy Balsamic (dairy free) or Renee’s Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Excellent mixed greens with baby romaine, baby spinach, beet leaves etc.
- Goat Cheese (or a really mild feta)
- red onion sliced in thin strips
- goji berries – dried (optional)
- cashews pieces- roasted
- peanuts – roasted
- toasted sunflower seeds
- craisins (dried cranberries)
- pepitoes (pumkin seeds, shell removed)
- toasted slivered almonds
- optional: pre-cooked chicken or turkey strips ie; Lilydale or hot rotisserie chicken from the grocery store
Now I think you could luck out and get a trail mix with all those nuts and raisins in it… simpler than buying one of everything
If preferred, a balsamic dressing can be made out of good quality balsamic vinegar 3 Tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup, garlic 1 -2cloves and a pinch of salt. Some prefer a pinch of dried mustard or dijon, and a dash of pepper.