This is a wonderful lightly spiced yet almost sweet recipe my ex-sister in law Ellen makes. We haven’t met anyone yet who doesn’t like it, children included. She’s a marvelous cook.
Since we have 25 in our immediate family and lots of friends… that’s pretty good odds!
Ellen’s Pork Tenderloin:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh zest of oranges
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (it’s very light – try it!) if you’re a curry fan – use up to 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 slice fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -4 cloves garlic – minced (use 4 if you like extra-garlicky)
- Mix all ingredients & marinate pork in it for 24 hours
- Reserving marinade, cook tenderloin 35-40 minutes @ 350°F (or grill on BBQ over med/high heat. Close lid & cook, turning occasionally 18-20 min) or until hint of pink remains. Tent w/foil 15 min.
- Cut on the angle into thin slices
- Thicken sauce with 1 Tablespoon cornstarch and 1 Tablespoon water in saucepot on stove, med heat.
- Once hot & thickened, serve in separate jug.
Serve with potatoes, rice or cooked egg noodles
This is great for company and family dinner, Sunday dinner – it’s a great all around recipe.
Ellen has a savory pallet, so if that’s you, keep an eye out for her recipes… she’s a wonderful cook.
roast pork loin cooking time
Oven: 35-40 min @ 350°F
Best way to grill a pork loin? BBQ: approx 18-20 min over med high heat, turning occasionally + 15 min tented w/foil – until meat thermometer registers 160°F internal temperature – according to Health Canada g