This is a wonderful lightly spiced yet almost sweet recipe my sister in law Ellen makes. We haven’t met anyone yet who doesn’t like it, children included.
Since we have 25 in our immediate family and lots of friends… that’s pretty good odds!
Ellen’s Pork Tenderloin:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh zest of oranges
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (it’s very light – try it!) if you’re a curry fan – use up to 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 slice fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -4 cloves garlic – minced (use 4 if you like extra-garlicky)
- Mix all ingredients & marinate pork in it for 24 hours
- Reserving marinade, cook tenderloin 35-40 minutes @ 350°F (or grill on BBQ over med/high heat. Close lid & cook, turning occasionally 18-20 min) or until hint of pink remains. Tent w/foil 15 min.
- Cut on the angle into thin slices
- Thicken sauce with 1 Tablespoon cornstarch and 1 Tablespoon water in saucepot on stove, med heat.
- Once hot & thickened, serve in separate jug.
Serve with potatoes, rice or cooked egg noodles
This is great for company and family dinner, Sunday dinner – it’s a great all around recipe.
Ellen has a savory pallet, so if that’s you, keep an eye out for her recipes… she’s a wonderful cook.
roast pork loin cooking time
Oven: 35-40 min @ 350°F
Best way to grill a pork loin? BBQ: approx 18-20 min over med high heat, turning occasionally + 15 min tented w/foil – until meat thermometer registers 160°F internal temperature – according to Health Canada g