I’ve always found roasted vegetables to have the most flavour. Here is an easy roasted cauliflower recipe, that brings the wow factor to the table.
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
1 excellent quality cauliflower
3 – 4 cloves garlic
High temperature cooking oil (we use grapeseed oil by Orphee)
Paprika based seasoning spice – ie Prudhomme’s or Lawry’s (we make our own in-house with many herbs & spices)
- Preaheat oven to 425°F
- Steam head of cauliflower intact in big pot for 4-5 min with some water
- Gently remove cauliflower and place in an oven safe roasting pan or stoneware
- Pour approx 3-4 tablespoons oil over the head of the cauliflower
- Sprinkle paprika based seasoning salt (chef spice) over the head of the cauliflower
- In a separate small oven safe ramekin place garlic with about 2-3 tablespoons oil
- Place both dishes in the oven – middle rack
- If the garlic is done early (which it may be) remove ramekin approx 1/2 way through.
- Cook for approx 35-45 min depending on oven
- Remove from oven
- Place cauliflower in serving dish (may want to pre-warm serving dish)
- Pour garlic & oil over the top of the cauliflower
- Serve… Cut like a pie, in wedges
Yeild: Approx 6-8 depending on the size of the cauliflower
We like to stay in the kitchen while it’s cooking, because it’s such a hot temperature.
Could probably be roasted on the bbq after the steaming stage in a cast iron pan.